Autel Robotics Releases the 8K variant of Autel Evo 2, How Public Safety Agencies are using Drones to Fight the Coronavirus, Parrot Anafi UA for Military Use
Our biggest drone news story this week is about the Autel Evo 2. Autel Robotics has finally released the 8K version of this much-awaited and much-delayed drone.
Regular ADU listeners might recall that we tested out this drone when it was first released at CES 2020. Autel is yet to release the 6K and dual variants of this drone. While this drone has best-in-class specs and can be a good addition to your fleet, it remains to be seen how this drone will be received considering the current situation. Will new launches like the Autel Evo 2, DJI Mavic Air 2, and DJI Mavic 3 succeed in reviving a stuttering drone market?
Next, we discuss how drones are being increasingly used by public safety officials to fight the coronavirus. While the intentions are good, public safety agencies tend to go overboard which creates negative public perception. In this segment of the show, we also discuss the pitfalls of flying under a COA. This serves as a good segue to the next story – which is about using drone deliveries for COVID testing.
The drone delivery service provider, Zipline is using drones to facilitate COVID testing in Ghana. Drones deliveries can help enforce social distancing while adhering to social distancing norms. Unlike the US, drone laws are more flexible in African countries, and so they can leverage the power of drone technology for the greater good.
Other topics discussed in today’s show include the Parrot Anafi UA and the new omni-directional drone from ETH Zurich.
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:17] Drone pilot flying over Michigan Lake captures incredible ship wreck photos in crystal clear spring waters
- [04:50] Drone photo by Palm Beach photo raises questions about rules and regulations
- [07:32] How are drones being used to fight the coronavirus?
- [08:02] Are public safety agencies following regulations while flying drones? Are they taking into account public perception?
- [12:10] What are some pitfalls of operating under COA?
- [14:07] Parrot ANAFI UA with powerful zoom lens is being used exclusively for military applications
- [18:32] Italian police with Anafi drone fine sunbather for violating lock-down
- [22:53] Zipline uses drone delivery in Ghana for COVID testing
- [27:20] Rotating omni-directional drone from ETH Zurich
- [30:27] Autel Evo 2 8K version available in the markets now
- [33:52] How has the virus impacted the drone industry and drone manufacturers as a whole?
- [37:18] Can we expect new drone launches to revive the market?