Today’s episode is about Intel Insight, a Mapping Automation System. Anil Nanduri, VP and GM, Intel Drone Team talks about this amazing drone software at AUVSI 2018. How is Intel helping drones become smarter? How will the asset based approach of Intel Insight result in greater efficiency and flexibility? Will Intel Insight help enterprises scale up their drone operations?
Anil starts off by talking about the drone industry and its varied applications. Do we have the infrastructure in place to scale up drone operations? Does our current technology allow us to seamlessly share data back and forth?
Anil moves on to provide some background information about Intel and Intel Insight. Is Intel Insight compatible with drone applications like Pix4D? Will it result in greater efficiency and flexibility? Anil demonstrates the enterprise centric capabilities of Intel Insight by running the platform live from a client system. Is this asset based system the one that the drone industry has been waiting for? Tune in to learn more. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:31] Discussing the ability of a drone to capture data and its varied applications
- [02:05] Why is it important to understand what your customer cares about?
- [02:37] How does Intel help drones become smarter? We talk about sensors, AI and software
- [03:33] The importance of transferring data easily
- [03:57] Discussing the need for cloud technology to become faster and more efficient to allow for seamless data sharing
- [04:37] The need to create an infrastructure to process vast amounts of data
- [07:23] What are some of the changes that need to take place if we wish to scale up drone applications?
- [08:52] What is Intel’s role in the drone industry?
- [09:52] The importance of data processing in order to provide actionable insights
- [10:18] Anil shares some background information about Intel insight platform
- [10:51] Marketing Video highlighting capabilities of Intel Insight platform
- [12:41] Which are some of the applications that are compatible with Intel Insight?
- [13:11] How can we make inspection processes more efficient with drones?
- [15:14] Demonstrating the enterprise centric capabilities of Intel Insight by running the platform live from a client system
- [16:03] Does the Intel Insight platform have an asset based approach? Why is this asset-based approach critical?
- [17:26] Learn how Intel Insight platform provides greater flexible by allowing back-office people to process data
- [18:33] Demonstrating the various tools that can be used while processing data
- [21:02] Can you view a location’s flight history using Intel Insight?