Today’s episode is about flying your drone at low altitudes. Is it problematic to fly your drone at low altitudes? What are some precautions that you need to take when flying your drone at low altitudes?
Today’s caller, John from Alaska wishes to fly his Mavic Pro in a valley in order to get some cool glacier shots. Will flying at a low altitude cause GPS interference? What about loss of signal? We also discuss some precautionary measure which shall enable you to fly at low altitudes. Thanks to John for the question. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Use Promo Code “LASTCHANCE” to get $100 off on EACH course. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Also the folks at Schedudrone are offering a special discount just for Drone U listeners. Schedudrone is a great automation tool that allows you to FOCUS on your business. Use promo code drone u to get yourself a killer deal (25% off for life!) on a cool product.
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:43] Learn about our newly launched classes; Drone U members can now access 32 awesome classes for a low monthly cost of $47
- [01:36] We share details about our newest sponsor, Schedudrone
- [02:33] Today’s question is about flying your drone at low altitudes
- [04:16] Today’s Part 107 question – What speed limit applies to sUAS operations?
- [04:46] What problems are you likely to encounter while flying your drone at low altitudes? We discuss GPS interference
- [06:55] Discussing how drone pilots can fly in national parks
- [08:16] Paul shares some interesting information about future podcast topics