Assessing the Image Quality and Commercial Viability of DJI Mavic Air 2
In today’s show, award-winning photographer, Vic Moss reviews the all-new DJI Mavic Air 2.
DJI has been touting this new drone’s ability to capture 48 MP images. But, can you really capture 48 MP images with a half-inch sensor? And, how do these 48 MP images compare to the regular, 12 MP images? Vic edits 12 MP and 48 MP live on the show and presents a detailed side-by-side comparison. By the end of the show, you will be able to determine the commercial viability of this sub-$1,000 dollar.
Do not miss this show! Tune in now!
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:58] – Paul welcomes Vic to the show
- [02:22] – Vic explains his editing workflow
- [03:00] – Vic edits 48 MP DJI Mavic Air 2 captures
- [05:23] – Does it take significantly longer to process 48 MP images?
- [06:28] – As far as sharpness and detailing goes, are the 48 MP images good enough for professional photography?
- [07:11] – Is the image sharpness retained on blowing up images?
- [09:15] – Vic reviews 12 MP DJI Mavic Air 2 images
- [11:16] – Side-by-side comparison of 12 MP and 48 MP DJI Mavic Air 2 images
- [14:40] – Vic presents his findings – Is this sub-$1,000 dollar drone a good option for professional photography and videography?
- [16:02] – Are there any issues with the stripped-down DJI Fly App? Can we expect a firmware update anytime soon?
- [18:06] – Is the DJI Mavic Air 2 a commercially viable drone?