Expert Tips for Flying Drone Over Water
Today’s show is all capturing videos while flying over water that casts a spell on your audience and the settings required to fly your drone safely over water.
Our caller for today, Derek would love to know all about flying over water so that he can pursue wakeboard surfing videography. And with his years of experience in filming water sports, who better than Paul to answer this question.
Topics discussed on today’s show include the best drones for flying over water, recommended camera lenses, and different flight modes. Do not miss this one. Enjoy!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [0:58] Struggling to find success in the drone industry? Check out our Props Pilot training program now
- [02:09] Today’s question is about flying your drone over water
- [03:39] Thinking out of the box and a funny flying accident
- [04:12] How can a pilot and wakeboard surfer work in alignment
- [06:02] Disadvantage of flying in in-flight modes, and why you need to learn to fly in attitude mode
- [06:30] How can Drone U help you master flight over water?
- [09:33] How the camera lens on your drone can impact the drone’s perspective and its flight
- [11:18] Paul’s go-to drone for filming wakeboard surfers
- [15:38] The need for managing one’s emotion while flying over water