How to License an Image – Inking Contractual Agreements, and How to Handle Violations
Today’s show is about licensing rights of videos and images and how owners can ensure rights are not violated.
Our caller for today, Kent needs help with photography licensing. Specifically, he is wondering how he can enforce the license, and the steps to take in case of violations.
On today’s show, you will learn about the different kinds of photo licensing agreements, so that you can ink an agreement that suits your purpose to the T. Do not miss this one!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:41] Today’s show is about how to license an image
- [02:05] Red flags to watch out for when prepping your commercial photography contract
- [03:22] Today’s question
- [06:05] How to enforce your image licensing
- [07:26] Can one license for internal use only and cons of doing so
- [11:00] Should you give a perpetual license to a client?
- [13:55] How image licensing might evolve in the near future
- [15:14] Why you should always bound your client contractually
- [19:00] Need help growing and scaling your drone business? Check out our forthcoming courses now!