How to Create More Accurate Drone Maps and Models
Today’s show is about drone mapping.
Our caller for today, Eduardo wishes to specifically know if using a GNSS rover and marking GCP points can improve the accuracy of his drone mapping deliverables.
To help Eduardo out, we first clear up some fundamentals of drone mapping.
Topics discussed here include the difference between relative accuracy and absolute accuracy and the importance of ground sampling distance.
You will also learn how to select the best and most affordable mapping drone in today’s show.
And lastly, we share how we, at Drone U can help you master the nuances of drone mapping.
Whether you are an aspiring or an experienced drone mapper, listening to today’s show will particularly help you out.
Tune in now!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [03:32] Today question is about improving overall drone mapping accuracy
- [05:41] Absolute accuracy vs. Relative accuracy – Understanding the difference
- [06:44] Using a GNSS rover and marking GCP’s for better accuracy
- [18:35] How to optimize Ground Sampling Distance (GSD)
- [21:32] How to purchase the best and most affordable mapping drone
- [23:13] How can Drone U help you master drone mapping?