DJI Mavic Mini 2 Released, Skydio 2 Safety Concerns, Drone Search and Rescue, DJI Rumors, DJI News
Our biggest story this week is about the DJI Mavic Mini 2. Finally, drone pilots can get their hands on this much-awaited drone. Weighing less than 250 grams like its predecessor, the DJI Mavic Mini 2 packs some awesome features under its minuscule structure. The Mavic Mini 2 comes with 4K capabilities and Occusync 2.0. On the face of it, the DJI Mavic Mini 2 seems too good to be true. The fact that you can do away with drone registration is another advantage.
But, can you fly this drone in atti mode? Can this new DJI drone prove to be a worthy replacement for its larger cousins, the DJI Mavic Air and DJI Mavic Pro 2? Tune in to find out!
Our next story on today’s news show is about the Skydio 2. While the Skydio 2’s autonomous capabilities have wowed many in the industry, there are some niggling questions about airspace safety that we discuss today. Listeners will learn how the Skydio 2’s autonomous engine might fall short when flying near thin branches and moving objects. Additionally, are you risking greater liability when you fly this autonomous drone?
Other topics discussed on today’s show include drone search and rescue and the recently-concluded DAC meeting. Tune in now!
Whether you are just getting started or looking to increase your revenue stream, our drone service providers are ready to help you achieve your most ambitious goals. Check out all our classes for 2020 by going here – http://bit.ly/mapclass2020
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:20] Drone search and rescue – a 93-year old woman found with a thermal drone
- [03:20] DJI Mavic Mini 2 Released! Our first impressions of this much-awaited drone
- [06:20] How does the DJI Mavic Mini 2 compare to its larger cousins, the Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2 Pro?
- [07:20] Can you fly the DJI Mavic Mini 2 in Atti mode?
- [07:48] Remote ID, and Flying under Part 135 among topics discussed at the DAC meeting
- [10:00] Can you get into legal trouble with the FAA if you are flying a Skydio drone?
- [13:12 ]Why flying the Skydio in manual mode is a tricky proposition
- [14:14] Skydio launches its flight school
- [15:09] Why Skydio is not a safe drone to fly over people
- [18:37 ]Can your insurance claim be rejected if you are flying a Skydio drone? Are Skydio pilots risking greater liability?
- [20:36] Is Skydio’s automation powerful enough to avoid moving obstacles?