Today’s show is about flying drones in areas of heavy interference like NYC.
Our caller for today, Guy from NYC has come up with an interesting question. As you may be aware, an old avigation law makes it illegal to fly drones in NYC. However, we might see this archaic law being scrapped shortly. So, Guy is wondering if he can use drones to conduct visual facade inspections of tall buildings.
On today’s show, you will learn the best and safest drones to fly in areas of heavy interference such as NYC. If you found this show interesting, you might want to check out our detailed blog post, Flying Drones in NYC – Drone Laws Explained Enjoy!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:32]Today’s question is about flying a drone in areas of heavy interference
- [03:00]Avoiding over-reliance on technology and learning to fly in manual mode
- [05:00]Newer crop of drones with powerful range-finders
- [05:33]Why the Skydio 2 is NOT a safe drone to fly
- [08:02]Drone U Recommended drones for facade inspections in interference heavy environments
- [09:25]Would it be a good use of DJI’s new FPV drone for visual inspections?
- [10:00]Flying the Phantom with prop guards
- [10:20]Is it legal to fly a drone in NYC?