Best Practices for Drone Mapping and Using Pix4D
Today’s show is about drone mapping and Pix4D.
Our caller for today, Trav wants to know how he can overcome some of the challenges that he facing while using Pix4D.
To help Trav out, we first re-explain the basics. You will learn how to choose the right acquisition strategy so that you can build more accurate 3D models.
Next, you will learn about point cloud editing and clean-up. Additionally, Paul also reveals when you need to re-do the steps while creating a 3D model so that you can process your mapping data, smoother and faster.
This is a show you do not want to miss. Enjoy!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [0:48] Want to get better at drone mapping? Get enrolled in Drone U’s latest course now!
- [01:22] Today’s question is about drone mapping and Pix4D
- [02:02] Accuracy in drone mapping, and how to choose the right acquisition strategy
- [05:44] Point cloud editing and clean up
- [06:42] Is DroneDeploy a good drone mapping software? Paul shares his experience
- [07:35] The 3 key factors for executing accurate geo-referencing missions