Today, we have a long and in-depth episode about the real estate market for you today. While it starts off with a question about drone pilots in real estate, we talk about some things you’ll want to know as you start shooting real estate properties.
We discuss whether or not you need photography and video skills to shoot drone footage for real estate and what options you have if you don’t. We also talk about how to market your drone services to real estate companies and how you can make yourself stand out as a pilot.
Fly safe everyone!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [01:30] Learn to separate yourself by building in metadata in your drone deliverables and uploading it for better viewability
- [02:21] Will realtors and brokers get better value if you, as a drone pilot concentrate more on your back-end work?
- [03:24] Today’s topic discusses the suitability of the real estate industry for someone who lacks photography and videography skills
- [05:17] Paul answers today’s question by recalling his own experience
- [05:31] Which are some of the Drone U classes that can help you hone your photography skills?
- [05:50] Paul shares some of his favorite photography hacks
- [07:25] Which is a Drone U recommend app for someone who has difficulty with lighting, setting the aperture and depth of field?
- [07:51] Which are two approaches that you can take to market your drone videography services?
- [08:21] Focusing on deliverables to improve the overall client experience
- [11:46] What percentage of realtors who do their own marketing realize the importance of metadata and SEO?
- [13:37] What is the benefit of using interactive maps? By offering this service, can you expect to charge your client more for drone photography and videography?
- [16:17] Which are some of the upper echelon realty firms?
- [16:30] Find out why drone photographers and videographers have more chances of success in tough market conditions
- [16:38] Is it a good idea to concentrate on the luxury real estate? How should you structure your drone video to appeal to a luxury home buyer?
- [17:26 ]Rob suggests a way via which you can market your drone videography services to realtors
- [17:54] Is it a good idea to market drone videography services to realtor tours? Should you contact title companies?
- [20:20] Understanding the importance of follow-up while marketing your drone videography services
- [20:52] What are some of the interesting concepts covered in our Drone U class, “Lightroom automation”?
- [21:23] Why is it important to first upload a real estate listing onto the realtor’s website?
- [22:04] What are some of the reasons that Zillow is more popular than other listing websites?
- [24:52] Why is the launch of the Yuneec H520 a significant event for the drone industry?