Today’s show is about using drones for shooting hotels and resorts.
Our caller for today, Jordan from NY has an opportunity to shoot some aerial footage of a resort. However, his client wishes to accentuate the beautiful mountains in the background. And so, Jordan is thinking of renting the Mavic 2 Zoom for this new gig.
But, is the zoom on this DJI drone powerful enough to accentuate the beautiful background? And, should Jordan consider the Inspire 2-X7 combo for this gig?
Apart from this Mavic 2 Zoom – Inspire 2 comparison, we also reveal some red flags that Jordan needs to watch out for while renting a drone. We wrap up this show by sharing some great golden photography tips to help Jordan out. Enjoy!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:32]Today’s show is brought to you by Drone U landing pads
- [02:33]Today’s question is about using drones for shooting hotels and resorts
- [03:36]We kick off today’s show by discussing an incredibly lucrative career option for drone pilot – action sports
- [05:02]How to accentuate the background in your drone footage
- [05:32]Should you use the Mavic 2 Zoom for shooting hotels and resorts?
- [05:46]Marketing tips and how to charge premium prices even when you are working in a commoditized segment
- [06:39]Inspire 2 vs. Mavic 2 Zoom – is it worth spending more when shooting hotels?
- [07:40]Using the X7 with a 50 mm lens for capturing the background in its full glory
- [09:48]An excellent, cost-saving hack to help Jordan out
- [11:25]Things to remember when renting a drone
- [11:38]Some excellent golden hour photography tips to help you out
- [12:37]Can you pair the Inspire 2’s zoom camera with Mavic 2 Pro?