Walmart Invests in Drone Delivery Startup, DroneUp, UK Moves Ahead with Drone Remote ID, the NASA UAS Safety Reporting System, Google Wing Comments on Drone Remote ID
We are back with another Drone Life News show with the incredible Miriam McNabb of DroneLife and JobforDrones to share with us some of the latest and most exciting news from the world of drones.
Our biggest story this week is about drone deliveries. While much has been written about Amazon’s foray into drone deliveries, it seems that competitor, Walmart is gaining more traction in this space. Drone enthusiasts will be excited to learn that Walmart recently invested in drone delivery service provider, DroneUP for making last-mile deliveries.
While this development is certainly encouraging, it seems that companies in the US are lagging behind other countries as far as innovation is concerned. This serves as a good segue to our next story – which is about UK’s Catapult Project. You will learn about this pilot project implemented by the UK for drone remote-id. And why their approach is far better compared to the US.
Towards the end of the show, we share some great Amazon Prime Day deals for drone pilots. You surely do not want to miss this one. Enjoy!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:24]The NASA UAS Safety Reporting System is Open, Confidential, and Nonpunitive
- [04:02]Walmart invests in Drone Delivery service provider, DroneUp for last-mile deliveries
- [05:30]When can we expect Amazon drone deliveries to finally take flight?
- [09:15]Can we expect service providers to make drone deliveries under Part 107?
- [11:08]Google Wing participates in UK Catapult Project
- [12:50]UK’s approach to drone remote-id is significantly different from the US’s broadcast-only approach
- [16:32]What is the status of drone remote-id in the UK?
- [18:00]Is the US lagging behind the rest of the world as far as innovation is concerned?
- [19:00]Amazon Prime Day – Don’t miss out on some killer one-in-year deals!