Today’s show is about mapping entire towns with drones. Is this a cost-feasible and legally permissible option?
Our caller for today, Ryan from Utah wishes to survey an entire town with a drone. Legally speaking, is this even a possibility? Can Ryan get the necessary permissions to fly over people and BVLOS if required?
On today’s show, we share how Ryan can legally map large swathes of land without filing a waiver at all. We also compare mapping with drones to mapping from planes and reveal if the former can produce more detailed, more accurate maps. Enjoy!
Check out our comprehensive drone mapping guide – https://www.thedroneu.com/what-is-drone-mapping-software/
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:43]Today’s question is about mapping an entire town with a drone
- [02:43]Mapping with drones vs. Mapping from planes – which is the more affordable option if you are dealing with large tracts of land?
- [03:23]The new Phase One camera allows you to shoot obliques at 150 MP!
- [04:34]Can you create more detailed maps with a drone?
- [04:50]Flying over people without a waiver
- [06:04]How to map large swathes of land in one go
- [06:30]Can Ryan legally fly this job without a waiver?
- [09:29]Tips for filing a waiver
- [11:02]Does the right drone make it easier for Ryan to legally fly this job?
- [13:10]How can Drone U’s new PROPS program help out Ryan?