Today’s show is about running an LLC alongside flying a drone for your W-2 employer.
Our caller for today, Adam flies drones as a part of his W-2 job profile. Additionally, he recently started his LLC. Adam is using his personal drone to fly jobs for his LLC and his employer. For accounting and insurance purposes, it is a must that Adam keep the flight data for his business separate. But, given that he is using the same drone, how can Adam do so?
Being a drone entrepreneur himself, Paul also has some sage career advice for Adam. Also, towards the end, we discuss if Adam can/should convince his boss to hire his drone business LLC. Thanks for the great question, Adam. Fly Safe!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:42]Today’s question is about flying drones for your LLC and W-2 employer
- [03:50]Why is it necessary to keep your flight data separate?
- [06:30]How separate flight data can help Adam from an insurance and maintenance perspective; what is the best way to keep this data separate
- [13:53]Logging data in a physical log book
- [14:32]Should Adam convince his boss to hire his LLC?
- [25:40]Is it better for Adam to quit his W-2 job to focus full time on his LLC?
- [27:38]What should Adam do if his boss refuses to entertain his offer?