Our question for today is about the most affordable and best drones for high winds.
Our caller for today, Joe, unfortunately, lost two drones when he was out flying in windy conditions. Now, he wishes to purchase a new drone but he is on a tight budget of $200.
Additionally, his wishlist includes GPS, RTH, and of course, a drone capable of flying at wind speeds of 20 – 30 km/h. So, which are some of the best (and affordable) quadcopters for windy conditions?
On today’s show, we discuss the Mini 2 and its smaller counterpart, the DJI Tello. Additionally, we also reveal the safe wind speed for flying your drone. the Tune in for some great insights. Thanks for the great questions, Joe. Enjoy!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:50]Today show is brought to you by over in-person trainings
- [02:09]Today’s question is about the best drone for high winds
- [03:10]Getting over your fearing of crashing your drone
- [05:00]Can you find a drone capable of flying in high winds?
- [06:35]Learning to fly the Mini 2 – how can we, at Drone U help you out?
- [08:28]Is it worth spending after the Mini 2?
- [09:13]Can you fly the DJI Tello in high winds?