Today’s show is about flying your drone in cold weather.
Our caller for today, Shawn from Canada who flies a Mavic 2 Pro. Flying in Canada is particularly challenging because of the cold weather and high altitudes. So, what can Shawn do to get some extra flight time? And, how can he make flying in such difficult conditions a more comfortable experience?
On today’s show, we share some nuanced drone battery maintenance tips to help Shawn out. You will learn how you can prevent your iPhone from shutting down in extremely cold weather. Towards the end, we recommend some ND filters that can be used when flying your drone in the snow. This is a show you do not want to miss.
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [03:08]Today’s question is about flying your drone in cold weather, at high altitudes
- [05:22]What are some of the biggest problems of flying your drone in cold weather?
- [06:43]Drone battery maintenance tips for those flying in extreme weather
- [07:00]Heating your iPhone in cold weather
- [07:15]Using self-heating batteries for longer flying time
- [08:20]How to keep your hands warm when flying in cold weather
- [09:25]How often should you deep cycle your batteries?
- [13:23]Recommended ND filters for Mavic 2 Pro