Today’s question is about flying your drone over state parks.
Our caller for today, Tom from Wisconsin has a question about flying drones over state parks.
The state park that Tom wishes to fly over has a railroad and a residential area in the vicinity. So, firstly, can Tom get the required legal permission to fly over this state park? Do drone laws vary by state? Or is the FAA the ultimate and only authority when it comes to airspace and drone laws? For all this and much more, tune in to our latest show now.
Enjoy! Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:26] Today’s question is about flying your drone over state parks
- [03:22] Do states have the authority to ban drones?
- [03:32] Not sure where you can legally fly? Download our Drone Advocacy Kit to understand the nuances of drone laws
- [04:14] Can you take off from private property and fly over a state park?
- [05:10] What are the rules for flying a drone over National Parks?
- [06:35] Why flying your drone over a railroad is not a good idea