Today’s show is about American drone manufacturers and the industry dynamics as a whole.
Our caller for today, Gordon is looking for some feasible alternatives to DJI. The US-China trade war and data security concerns have given a fillip to American drone manufacturers, who have, till now been unable to compete with the Chinese behemoth, DJI. And while homegrown manufacturers have managed to get their foot in the door, are they able to match DJI in terms of price and functionality? These are some of the drones that we talk about in today’s show:
Bobby’s Watt’s Prism
The Autel Evo II
Vantage Robotics Vesper (cheapest & flies the longest)
And many, many more…
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:56]This show is brought to you by our in-person trainings
- [02:53]Today’s question is about American drone manufacturers and the industry as a whole
- [04:25]Have American drone manufacturers priced themselves out of the drone market?
- [05:18]Do drone pilots really have any alternative to DJI?
- [06:50]Is the power-packed Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual Advanced the best drone you can buy for the money?
- [07:15]Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual Advanced vs. Autel Evo 2 – how do they compare?
- [08:51]Are there any American drone manufacturers who can match up to DJI in terms of capabilities and specs?
- [09:30]Prominent American drone manufacturers who are making a dent in the market
- [10:00]How has the ongoing chip shortage affected supply?
- [11:38]Have American drone manufacturers failed to come up with the right products for the mass market?
- [12:45]The Auterion system that powers most of the American drones
- [15:13]Are there any reliable NDAA approved aircraft that can be used commercially
- [16:00]A valuable Mini 2 hack to help you out
- [22:13]Is the Freefly Astro a feasible option right now?
- [23:50]The Quantum Systems Vector Scorpion – is this the right drone for mapping?
- [27:00]The TEAL Golden Eagle – another drone manufacturer vying for a slice of the market
- [29:50]Parrot Anafi – a drone that doesn’t quite live up to its potential
- [31:52]What are some of the biggest issues with the Skydio?
- [35:09]Why the Freefly Astro is miles ahead of the competition
- [37:10]Is the hefty price tag on the Autel Evo 2 Dual justified?