Today’s show is about drone industry trends for 2021 and beyond.
Our caller for today, Tom has come up with a great question that will surely interest all you drone enthusiasts out there.
Specifically, with the drone industry in a constant state of flux, Tom is wondering where things are headed in 2021? From micro-drones to recreational flying to the changing dynamics of the American drone manufacturing market, we discuss a lot in today’s power-packed show. Some of the things that we discuss today:
How large organizations are reorganizing their drone teams
Why DJI might fight it difficult to maintain its vice-like grip over the American drone market
How will recreational flying evolve in 2021
Will DJI finally replace the Phantom 4 with the much-awaited DJI Mavic 3 in 2021?
Thanks for the great question, Tom. Fly Safe! Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:20]Why drone roof inspections are an untapped opportunity that every drone pilot should explore right NOW
- [02:39]Today’s question is about industry trends for 2021
- [03:33]Organizations looking to expanding their drone teams?
- [07:07]FAA’s TRUST program to introduce a UAS Safety test for recreational pilots
- [09:39]Will the FAA’s new TRUST program be applicable to those who fly in FRIA’s?
- [13:04]Why the Mini 2 is a MUST buy for Part 107 pilots; and, will the FAA introduce a new micro-drone rule in 2021?
- [16:09]Why the industry is not likely to step on the gas pedal in 2021
- [18:20]Are our drones becoming smaller yet more capable?
- [20:13]Will DJI Mavic 3 eventually replace the Phantom 4?
- [22:26]A continued flurry of M&A activity within the drone industry
- [22:38]Skydio vs. DJI – Will the homegrown, American manufacturer eventually trump the Chinese behemoth?
- [23:30]Will security concerns give a fillip to American drone manufacturers?
- [28:08]Will we see more LAANC-enabled airports? And, will it become easier to fly in zero grid areas?
- [31:38]Drones for STEM education – how this nascent technology can help our students perform better and catch up with their peers
- [36:11]How drones teach us spatial awareness