Today’s question is about zoom lens and Pix4D. Can you use a zoom lens if you are processing data with Pix4D? How do you ensure that your dataset is not compromised?
Our caller is using Pix4D for processing his drone mapping data. He wishes to use the Inspire 1 with an X5 camera and a Panasonic Lumix 1442 lens. Is the X5 ideal for drone mapping jobs? We also discuss if you can use variable zoom on a mapping mission. Thanks to the caller for the question. Stay tuned and fly safe!
Also, the folks over at Go Professional Cases are offering a special discount for Drone U members. GPC designs the highest quality professional cases for your drone and GoPro. And they will even custom design a case for you. Use the promo code DRONEU15 to avail a killer deal.
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
Learn about our In-Person Mapping Course in Houston – //bit.ly/HoustonMapping
Check out our Drone Maps – https://sketchfab.com/models/e9c198e166ce4f92a7eb0a085ba83d1a
- [02:55]Paul shares information about Drone U’s upcoming webinar
- [06:32] Today’s question is about using a zoom lens when processing data with Pix4D
- [08:21] How can you use a zoom lens with Pix4D?
- [09:21] Can you use variable zoom on a project?
- [10:30] How does focal length vary if you are using a crop sensor?
- [11:20] Why should you always set your zoom to maximum?
- [12:07] Should you use the X5 camera on mapping jobs? And, can you capture better detail with a zoom lens?