Today, we talk about the average life expectancy of a drone battery. What are some of tips and tricks for getting maximum battery life?
Because batteries are prohibitively expensive, it is important to care for them in the best manner. Deep cycling your batteries is critical to ensure a long life. What is the correct way to deep cycle your battery?
We also discuss why you should avoid letting your batteries sit idle for too long. Paul also shares a great hack for fixing a DJI battery with a bad cell. We thank our caller for the question. Stay tuned and fly safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
Learn about our In-Person Mapping Course in Houston – //bit.ly/HoustonMapping
- [03:41] Today’s question is about the average life expectancy of a LiPo battery
- [05:11] How many cycles can you expect from a drone battery?
- [05:47] Tips and tricks to prolong your battery life
- [06:16] How will your flying habits affect your battery life
- [07:33] What is the correct way to deep cycle your battery?
- [08:36] Learn how charging can affect the life of your battery
- [10:03] Should you set your battery on auto-discharge?
- [10:56] How many cycles can you expect from your drone battery?
- [11:20] Will a Mavic battery last as long as a Phantom battery?
- [11:53] Paul suggests a hack to fix a drone battery with a bad cell