Today, we talk about deep-cycling your batteries. It is important, especially during winter, that you do what you can to maintain their lifespan.
One of the problems, however, is that it can be hard to deep-cycle batteries when it’s cold outside. You may notice that the voltage drops, for example. This can cause problems in their endurance and limit the lifespan of your batteries when it’s cold outside.
In order to help you keep your batteries alive, we offer some advice on how to deep-cycle them properly. We also discuss some of the problems you may encounter during winter and how you can work through them. Thanks to Eric for the question! Fly safe!
Also, the folks over at Energen are offering a special discount on their amazing portable chargers for all Drone U members. Use one the following promo codes at checkout, depending on which battery you buy, to get a great deal on a killer battery:
Energen A40 Model: DRONEUA40
Energen M10 Model: DRONEU M10
Energen P40 Mode: DRONEU P40
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [02:12] Today, we talk about deep-cycling your batteries
- [02:41] Paul answers the question
- [02:46] Can deep cycling batteries result in reduced battery life?
- [03:01] What is the correct way to deep cycle your batteries?
- [03:14] At what voltage should you bring your drone back?
- [03:51] Is it advisable to fly when the outside temperature is below 10 degrees?
- [04:13] What is dew point temperature differentiation? How can it affect flight?
- [05:00] Paul provides some cold battery tips for the Inspire 2, Yuneec and Phantom 4 Pro
- [05:40] What should be your battery temperature for optimum output?
- [06:10] Paul suggests using hand warmers with stick patches while handling your drone remote