Today’s episode is all about drone batteries. Chase called in to ask the Drone U for tips on maintaining LiPo drone batteries. Is there a way to travel with your drone batteries that can prolong their lifespan? We talk about what you should know when charging, storing, maintaining and traveling with LiPo drone batteries in order to maximize their lifespan. Additionally, we discuss the proper way to dispose of your LiPo batteries. Hope this was helpful, Chase. Thanks for the question! Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:54] Today’s episode is around maintaining your Lithium Polymer batteries and prolonging your battery life
- [02:46] Understanding the make of LIPO batteries and their applications
- [03:20] Why is it important to let your drone battery self-discharge?
- [04:44] Why is it important to deep cycle your drone battery?
- [05:00] How do you deep cycle your drone battery?
- [06:06] What is balance charging?
- [07:22] Should you continue charging your drone battery if it heats up?
- [07:58] Can you put your drone battery near an air conditioner or in a refrigerator to cool it down?
- [08:43] When flying over water, why is it important to ram up your drone elevation during take-off?
- [09:27] Tips for storing your drone batteries the correct way
- [10:08] How can you get more life from your drone battery in cold environments?
- [11:10] Why should drone pilots refrain from flying regional carriers?
- [14:55] Paul sums up today’s episode
- [15:26] Why can it be disastrous to leave your drone batteries in the back of your pickup truck?