Today, we talk about DroneDeploy, Pix4D and how to choose the best cloud-processing software for modeling.
Mapping and modeling services are a logical next-step for many drone businesses. In order to provide your clients with the highest-quality deliverables, you need to have a mastery over your modeling software. Currently, many drone pilots have troubling choosing the right software for their business.
While DroneDeploy and Pix4D each have their own limitations, both modeling platforms offer unique benefits to the pilots that use them.
Paul discusses what makes a good processing platform, why it is important, and how to choose the best one for your
Additionally, he discusses how professional training can help you take your drone modeling business to the next level.
If you’re looking for a plug-free charger, check out the Energen DroneMax!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [02:07] Today, we talk about DroneDeploy, Pix4D and how to choose the best cloud-processing software for modeling
- [04:51] We clarify the distinction between maps and models
- [05:51] Can you officially use a map if you get a licensed surveyor to sign off on it?
- [07:03] What is a common problem that you will face with cloud – processing software? We discuss manual tie-points and their importance
- [08:13] Paul provides some details about our upcoming mapping course
- [08:41] Can you create lifelike maps using LIDAR?
- [09:35] Can you create Nator maps with orbits?
- [10:26] Can you generate good quality client deliverables with DroneDeploy?
- [11:01] Is it a good idea to solely rely on DroneDeploy?
- [11:37] Is it advisable to use the Yuneec H520? Will it result in better images?
- [12:47] We discuss some of the advantages of using Pix4D
- [13:13] Will you need to limit your mission size if you are using Pix4D Capture?
- [13:53] Can you upload Pix4D projects onto the cloud?
- [16:28] Can LIDAR result in higher accuracy as compared to photogrammetry?