Today, we talk about maintaining you drone. If you want your drone last as long as possible, after all, you need to take properly take care of it. This includes changing propellor blades, maintaining batteries and keeping the motor in good shape.
In order to help you all prevent breaking your drone, we talk about a few key aspects of maintenance. Replacing propellor blades, maintaining the motor and switching out the batteries when necessary will ensure that your drone lives a long, happy life.
Thanks to Mark in Pittsburgh for the question! We’re glad to have you on board Mark! Fly safe!
Also, the folks over at Energen are offering a special discount on their amazing portable chargers for all Drone U members. Use one the following promo codes at checkout, depending on which battery you buy, to get a great deal on a killer battery:
Energen A40 Model: DRONEUA40
Energen M10 Model: DRONEU M10
Energen P40 Mode: DRONEU P40
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [05:12] Today’s question is about maintaining your drone and ensuring that your drone lasts as long as possible
- [07:34] When should you consider changing your propeller blades?
- [09:01] Does flying at higher elevation affect the performance of your drone?
- [10:09] What are some of the telltale signs that you should bring your drone down?
- [10:36] What are some of the battery tests that you can perform to gauge battery health?
- [12:35] What are the chances of a motor failure? Is it a concern?