Today, we talk about mapping and modeling software. While many pilots are training to compete in the mapping industry, many find that the software is too expensive of an investment. Luckily, there are other options. PhotoScan, for example, offers many of Pix4D‘s features at a much cheaper rate. Best of all, the standard-edition licenses costs only $179.
Of course, the basic version of PhotoScan doesn’t have all of the features of high-end software. However, it is a great way to acclimate yourself with mapping software at a much cheaper rate. Fly safe!
Also, if you’re looking for stock video and audio clips, make sure to check out Videoblocks.
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:58] Today, we talk about mapping and modeling software
- [03:09] Is Pix4D the gold standard of mapping and modeling software? What are its various capabilities?
- [03:38] How does PhotoScan compare to Pix4D? How much does it cost?
- [05:10] Important to try out different acquisition styles before buying a mapping software
- [05:30] Discussing the importance of having a powerful dedicated computer for processing mapping data
- [06:46] Should you opt for the standard or pro version of PhotoScan?
- [07:02] How does DroneDeploy compare to Pix4D and PhotoScan?
- [08:06] Rationale behind using a desktop processor over a cloud processor