If you’re running a drone business, you’ll need a way to give your client their deliverables. On today’s episode, Sebastian from North Carolina asks about the best way to do this.
We talk about the various options you have for delivering drone footage to your clients. We discuss the pros and cons of Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer and Hightail. Additionally, we discuss the reason that digital transfers may be a more viable option than external hard drives and other physical methods of delivery. Thanks for the question Sebastian! Fly safe!
If you need stock footage for your drone videos, make sure to check out Videoblocks.
Don’t forget that Drone U Landing Pads are now available!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [02:08] Paul and Rob discuss FAA’s move to come out with airworthiness standards for UAV
- [04:29] Paul questions if FAA is interfering with the Sherman Act
- [07:14] Today’s question discusses the best ways to deliver content to clients
- [08:25] Some of the challenges with delivering point cloud files
- [08:47] Learn why Google Drive is a far better option for delivering content than Dropbox
- [09:52] Understanding the advantages of using Hightail and WeTransfer
- [10:16] Learn why using a physical drive is not a good idea for delivering content to your clients
- [11:28] Is it a good idea to use a Drobo or Synology to deliver content to your clients?