Today’s episode is about pricing drone services. Scott from Denver calls in with an interesting proposal for pricing his work as a drone pilot. He has come up with a unique way to price his drone services and wants ADU’s feedback on his pricing structure.
We debate about the pros and cons of charging by the minute. We talk about the ways that such a pricing structure could fail or succeed and discuss situations in which charging by the minute would make sense. Thanks for sparking an interesting debate, Scott! Let us know how it goes! Fly safe!
If you need stock footage for your drone videos, make sure to check out Videoblocks.
Don’t forget that Drone U Landing Pads are now available!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – http://amzn.to/2omQatT
Check out the Real Estate Videography Course – https://www.thedroneu.com/courses/
- [05:29]Today’s question discusses an interesting way to price your drone services
- [07:23]Rob and Paul discuss pros and cons of pricing your drone services by the minute
- [08:53]Does your pricing model depend on the sector that you are targeting?
- [10:23 ]What are some of the possible advantages of pricing your drone services by the minute?
- [11:45]Are you at a disadvantage if you are too specific with your requirements while quoting a price?
- [12:33]Is it a good idea to build in contingency into your pricing model if you are charging by the minute?
- [16:41]Would a per minute pricing model create a win-win situation for the client and you? Or, would it create a barrier?
- [18:52]Check out Drone U’s “Real Estate Videography” course to strategize your pricing
- [19:40]Why should you always have a planning meeting before commencing with a job?
- [20:54]Discussing some of common pricing strategies for Mapping projects