Today’s show is a special one as we are joined by Watts Innovation founder, Bobby Watts. Bobby shares some detailed information about his new commercial drone platform – the Prism, an all-American product that comes with variable propulsions and flexible payloads.
Prism is a “Transformer Drone” that can be flown both as a quad and as a co-axial setup. When you transform this bird from a quad to a co-axial set-up, you can increase the maximum takeoff weight from 35 pounds to 55 pounds. Additionally, the ability to create propulsion ID’s and accessory ID’s allows you to change propulsion systems and gimbals.
All these plug-and-play features means that you can use the Prism for aerial photography, autonomous mapping missions, and for making drone deliveries. Tune in to learn more about this exciting new drone.
Whether you are just getting started or looking to increase your revenue stream, our drone service providers are ready to help you achieve your most ambitious goals. Check out all our classes for 2020 by going here – http://bit.ly/mapclass2020
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:28] Paul welcomes Bobby to the show
- [01:28] Bobby shares what inspired to come with an all-American drone, the Prism
- [03:28] "]What inspired Bobby to come out with his new drone, the Prism?
- [04:00] A versatile drone which allows you to plug and play different propulsion systems for varying applications
- [08:33] Is there any advantage in going down from a co-axial bird to a quad?
- [11:05] Can you replace your existing drones with the Prism?
- [11:55] How a foldable design makes transportation really easy
- [14:50] Be sure to check out this demo video for more detailed information
- [15:06] Why did Bobby opt for a PixHawk Cube flight controller over a DJI flight controller?
- [15:45] Is the Prism a 100% American-made drone? Any DJI parts on this drone?
- [16:30] What sort or remote does the Prism come with? Can you fly the Prism with your own radio setup?
- [18:42] Does the Prism come with a removable or integrated battery?
- [19:29] How accessory ID’s on the Prism allows you to attach different gimbals
- [21:42] Why the Prism is a great option for drone mapping
- [23:27] "]How the current political climate has opened the door for an all-American drone manufacturer
- [24:30] If you are not an experienced drone pilot, which is the best plug and play gimbal for the Prism?
- [28:43] What sort of landing gear does the Prism come with?
- [34:16] Is the Prism a good option for large drone teams?
- [35:20] Does the Prism fly with different drone batteries as well?
- [41:29] What about availability? Can you order a Prism right away?