Sneak Peek at the DJI Mavic Air 2, New DJI Drones, Drone Deliveries, Drones for Enforcing Social Distancing, 3D Modeling and VR for Real Estate Marketing
Our biggest story this week is about the DJI Mavic Air 2. Recent FCC filings have corroborated our initial reports that a new Mavic Air 2 is indeed in the works. Like its larger cousins, the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom, these filings suggest that this new DJI drone will come in two variants as well.
Considering the ongoing virus outbreak, we speculate why there is a strong possibility that DJI might come out with a variant that is tailored specifically for public safety. Additionally, because this drone will weigh more than 250 grams, it will come with ADS-B receivers for enhanced airspace safety. For more detailed insights on this topic, check out this story where our Flying Dutchman, Haye goes down the rabbit hole to give you a sneak peek at this much-awaited drone.
Our next story is about the coronavirus and its impact on the drone industry. As the virus outbreak has caused the world economy to come to a grinding halt, the drone industry is struggling as well. Particularly, industry leader, DJI’s worries have been further compounded as it was already grappling with an unfavorable political climate in the United States.
What steps is DJI taking to protect its business? We speculate how DJI might start new product lines that attract less stringent regulations. Additionally, DJI is taking active measures to enlighten the establishment and the public on how drones can be used for the greater good.
Do you think the security concerns about the use of Chinese drones are justified? Do we really have a good alternative to DJI drones? Will a ban on Chinese drones end up doing irreparable harm to the American consumer and the drone industry as a whole?
This serves as a good segue into our next topic where we discuss how the coronavirus has opened up some amazing business opportunities for drone pilots. With social distancing becoming the norm now, traditional real estate marketing in the form of open houses and walkthroughs is simply not possible. In this segment, we discuss how real estate agents can use 3D modeling and VR to showcase a property. Additionally, we reveal a great hack for drone pilots which can result in a compressed and more efficient workflow. You can check out our article where we go over all this in much more in great depth.
Other topics discussed on this show are using drones for detecting body temperatures, drones for public safety, new DJI drones in 2020, drone deliveries and much, much more!
We hope you enjoy this show. Tune in now!
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:33] DJI Matrice 210 used for detecting body temperatures in New York
- [03:04 ]12-year old missing boy in England found in a successful drone search and rescue operation
- [05:25] What do you think about using drones for blasting announcements and maintaining social distancing?
- [07:22] Drone pilot in Manhattan flies his Mavic 2 Enterprise in controlled airspace and blasts announcements asking them to stay indoors
- [15:17] Drone delivery used for transporting medicines in Ireland
- [19:00] Can drone deliveries help revive a sputtering economy?
- [20:17] FCC filings indicate that a new DJI Mavic Air 2 is the works
- [26:23] What is the state of the drone market in the wake of the coronavirus?
- [27:30] DJI commits 100 drones to US Disaster Relief Program to fight Covid-19
- [28:30] When can we expect DJI to release the new DJI Mavic Air 2?
- [29:15] Is DJI scaling down operations in the United States?
- [29:57] As per industry sources, DJI is coming out with some “huge surprises” shortly
- [40:41] Drone mappers have a huge business opportunity in real estate marketing in the wake of the coronavirus