In today’s show, we share our predictions for the drone industry in 2021.
2020 was a particularly turbulent year for the drone industry. Along with the pandemic, we also witnessed a significant increase in the anti-China rhetoric which compounded troubles for industry leader, DJI.
But with the end of the pandemic finally in sight, can we expect things to finally turn a corner in 2021? Can we expect a slew of new drones to be launched in 2021? And, are there any industry dark horses that might challenge DJI’s dominant position? Tune in to our animated discussion as we share our predictions for 2021. Fly Safe!
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
- [02:07] Shall we witness mass adoption of drones in 2021?
- [02:43] Drones save West Virginia DOT $300K+
- [03:30] Can we expect a slew of new drones to be launched in 2021?
- [04:36] With the recent launch of drone remote ID, can we expect any additional regulations in 2021?
- [05:15] What is the likelihood of the major drone conferences being held in 2021?
- [06:55] CES 2021 to be a virtual event
- [08:30] Can we expect the DJI Mavic 3 in 2021?
- [10:53] Watts Innovation – a darkhorse in the drone race?
- [11:28] Will the anti-China rhetoric amp up even further?
- [12:03] How will a blanket ban on DJI affect the drone industry?
- [13:04] With remote ID, can we expect micro-drones to rule the roost in 2021?
- [16:46] Japan tweaks its micro-drone rules
- [17:55] Shall we see more enterprise drones this year?