Today’s question is about drone remote-id. How can you make your drone “remote-id compatible”? Is this something that you should be even worrying about right now?
Our caller for today, Jack has a question about drone remote-id. Back in December 2020, drone remote-id rules were finalized by the FAA. Once these restrictive rules kick in, it will become mandatory to broadcast your drone’s location via remote-id. So, is your drone already compatible? And if not, are there any modules that you can attach to your drone to ensure compliance?
Do you need to worry about this if you are an FPV drone pilot?
Additionally, we also discuss the need to cultivate greater awareness, the definition of the navigable airspace, and whether (or not) this new rule will succeed in higher compliance. Thanks for the great question, Jack. Fly Safe!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:00]Should you be worried about remote id right now?
- [02:03]This show is brought to you by our in-person training events
- [03:11]Our plans for the 2021 Fly-In
- [04:43]Today’s question is about drone remote id
- [07:42]With remote id still 2 years away, do the patented solutions mean anything at all?
- [08:02]Are the current crop of DJI drones already compliant?
- [08:17]Flying in FRIA’s once remote id kicks in
- [10:00]Will your drone be more safe or less safe once you attach a remote id module?
- [10:26]How does the FAA define navigable airspace?
- [11:00]How this restrictive rule will negatively impact STEM education
- [12:03]Cultivating awareness and ensuring compliance among new drone pilots
- [12:40]Is FAA’s new training system for recreational pilots a step in the right direction?
- [18:18]Can we expect new remote id modules to hit the market?
- [19:40]How can FPV drones be made remote id compliant?