Our caller for Tom has come up with a great question today. His question is about drone remote-id.
While drone remote-id is set to kick in only by 2023, FAADroneZone is already asking drone pilots to classify their drone as “remote-id” enabled when they attempt to register their drone.
Needless to say, this is resulting in a lot of confusion – and many drone pilots are preferring to avoid completing the registration process rather than inputting erroneous information.
So, should you classify your drone as “remote-id enabled” during registration?
Is your drone “remote-id” enabled? How can find out?
For all this and much more, tune in to our latest show now. Enjoy!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:52]Uplevel your skills with our in-person drone training
- [02:20]Today’s question is about remote-id compliant drones
- [03:17]When will remote-id become a reality?
- [03:58]Are you flying a remote-id compliant drone?
- [05:57]Should you classify your drone as “remote-id enabled” during registration?
- [05:50]Is the FAA confusing drone pilots? And is this affecting the registration rate?
- [09:55]Do not forget to check out Drone U’s roof inspection course
- [10:26]Are drones safe to fly? Do they pose any significant risk to the general public?
- [12:10]Will you end up voiding your warranty if you change your drone parameters?
- [12:46]How to register your drone when you are traveling internationally
- [13:10]As a part 107 pilot, do you need to register a drone weighing less than 250 grams?