Today, we share some expert drone battery maintenance tips to ensure a safe flight.
Our caller for today, Derek from Ohio was finding it difficult to fly his Phantom 4 Pro in GPS mode. But no sooner did he replace his old drone battery with a new one, all his flight issues disappeared immediately.
So, Derek is wondering if he can accurately predict his drone battery life, and prevent such issues going forward. Among other things, we reveal the four rules of takeoff and the voltage at which you should immediately bring your drone back home. Thanks for the great question, Derek. Fly Safe!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:30]Today’s show is brought to you our in-person Flight Mastery and Operations class
- [05:53]Today’s question is about drone battery life
- [08:20]Will an old battery result in an improper flight?
- [09:22]The 3 rules of takeoff that every drone
- [10:22]Can you accurately determine your battery life and the number of flights that you can still fly?
- [11:00]At what voltage should you bring your drone back home?