Huge day in the drone world today as it’s the first day you can take the Commercial Drone Exam Part 107, and our Chief Pilot, Paul Aitken, was the first to pass it here in New Mexico. Today he goes through what he thought about it, tips to help you pass yours and everything else you may need to know to “fly” through it. Be sure and join us for this special report. Fly safe, and good luck!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
Tell us what you think of the our show. We listen and tweak often. So please leave a review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Download the Periscope app and watch our “pre-show” about 5 minutes before the live podcast (@THEdroneU).
Watch Ask Drone U live by visiting our Facebook page (link below).
Site – https://www.thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [5:58] Paul’s result on the exam
- [7:05] Getting away with 333 with the implementation of 107 Exam
- [7:29] How hard is the 107 exam?
- [8:07] Airspace questions/ Sectional Map questions
- [10:56] Surprises on the test
- [13:47] Experience on the 107 Training class and future classes
- [17:03] More information about the test and question distribution
- [17:53] Things to do after passing the 107 Exam
- [19:26] Materials related to enforcements
- [20:13] Fines related to not following the rules