Today we have an exciting show as Kevin Morris from the FAA joins us for an interview. He is the FAASTeam Program Manager out of the Minneapolis Flight Standards District Office. We think you’ll find this episode especially interesting. Stay tuned, thanks for joining us, thanks to Kevin for his time and fly safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
Tell us what you think of the our show. We listen and tweak often. So please leave a review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Download the Periscope app and watch our “pre-show” about 5 minutes before the live podcast (@THEdroneU).
Watch Ask Drone U live by visiting our Facebook page (link below).
Site – https://www.thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [1:09 ] Is Kevin Morris an advocate for drone flying?
- [5:05] CoA and CoW and info on waivers/exemptions authorizations
- [10:25] Rule of thumbs from FAA
- [12:06] Discussion on Authorization requests 90 days in advance
- [13:55] Summary on lead time issues
- [14:25] Further discussions on Lead time issues
- [17:02] Proposal to getting instantaneous approvals using an App
- [19:25] Getting blanket authorizations
- [21:45] What does FAA feel about local ATC officials providing permissions
- [23:12] Is it possible to circumvent online CoA process
- [28:48] What to do if someone notices an illegal UAS operation
- [34:04] What is the FAA’s opinion on the logbooks/ maintenance logs as far 107 is concerned
- [38:09] Flying on 333 vs 107 and FAA’s view on flying them
- [45:05] Tentative time to develop the FAA App