Happy to answer a question from Ken in New Jersey. As always, thanks for sending it in, for the patience as we try to get through all the questions, and for checking in on our show everyday. Fly safe, everyone!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [01:18] Today’s question revolves around flying near local airports that are in Class G airspace
- [01:48] Do you need a Part 107 license? We clarify how FAA interprets the term, “furtherance of business”
- [02:51] Do you need a Part 107 license if you are a YouTuber and your channel is monetized?
- [03:12] Is is hard to get a Part 107 license?
- [05:10] What are some of the reasons to strongly consider getting a Part 107 license?
- [05:55] We compare drone laws in Canada and the US, and explain why the US system is so much better
- [06:17] How can Drone U help you to get your Part 107 license?