Thanks to Mark in California for today’s question. Mark is looking to start a drone business focusing on the agriculture industry but has heard that the niche is saturated and that farmers don’t see the value in drones. We talk about some of the problems faced by drone pilots in agriculture and the skills that pilots need in order to succeed in that field. We also do our best to offer some techniques for approaching farmers and convincing them that you can make their job easier. Good luck Mark! Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:53] Today’s topic discusses the viability of a drone business targeting the agriculture industry
- [04:44] Is the drone agriculture segment over-saturated?
- [05:28 ] Do farmers have a tendency to treat drone pilots frivolously ?
- [06:28] Is there a market gap in the agricultural segment that drone pilots can possible exploit?
- [08:17] What are some of the challenges with interpreting agricultural mapping data and conveying the same to farmers?
- [09:02] Are there agricultural systems that can use drone based data, and in the process make the entire process from data acquisition to utilization seamless?
- [10:00] Can using drone based data in agriculture result in significant cost savings?
- [11:00] Are the PrecisionHawk drone platforms any good?
- [14:55] Does a drone business targeting the agriculture industry require big capital investment?