How to Build a Profitable Agriculture Drone Business
Thanks to Mark in California for today’s question. Mark is looking to start a agriculture drone business but has heard that the niche is saturated and that farmers don’t see the value in drones. We talk about some of the problems in the agriculture drone business and the skills that drone pilots need in order to succeed in that field. We also do our best to offer some techniques for approaching farmers and convincing them that you can make their job easier. Good luck Mark! Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [02:53] Today’s topic discusses the viability of a agriculture drone business
- [04:44] Is the agriculture drone business oversaturated?
- [05:28] "] Do farmers have a tendency to treat drone pilots frivolously ?
- [06:28] What are some lucrative pockets of the agriculture drone business?
- [08:17] What are some of the challenges with interpreting agricultural mapping data and conveying the same to farmers?
- [09:02] Are there agricultural systems that can use drone based data, and in the process make the entire process from data acquisition to utilization seamless?
- [10:00] Does drone based data in agriculture result in significant cost savings?
- [11:00] Are the PrecisionHawk drone platforms any good?
- [14:55] Does the agriculture drone business require a big capital investment?