Today, we have an episode about the Inspire 2 and its compatibility with thermal cameras. If you’re a drone pilot looking start mapping, you’ll need to know which equipment to buy and how to properly use it.
We take a call from Nir in Georgia, who wants to know which thermal camera or zoom camera is compatible with his Inspire 2. While there aren’t as many thermal camera options for the Inspire 2 as some other drones, there are definitely some products out there. We discuss which thermal cameras and zoom cameras work best with the Inspire 2. In addition, we talk about the hardware and batteries you’ll need to get your thermal camera off the ground. Thanks for the question Nir! Fly safe!
Drone U Landing Pads are now available!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [02:11] Do not forget to check out our forthcoming podcast this week on FAA’s new guidelines on flying over people
- [07:39] Today’s question is about the Inspire 2 and its compatibility with thermal cameras
- [09:41] Does the higher stability of the camera sensor in the Inspire 2 get you better shots when compared to a Phantom 4 Pro?
- [10:30] Learn how the motor mounts glued on the Inspire 2 are causing severe problems
- [11:02] Is there a chance of debris flying into your Inspire 2 motors? How can you clean it up?
- [12:44] Which is the best thermal camera for the Inspire 2?
- [12:56] Learn about the greater flexibility that you can avail on Fleur XT in comparison to the cheaper Fleur Vue Pro
- [13:48] Which batteries should you get for your DJI Matrice M210 if you need greater zoom and thermal capabilities?
- [15:25] Learn about the various benefits of using the Z30 camera if you want enhanced zoom capabilities
- [15:49] Is it always necessary to fly a dual payload if you need zoom and thermal capabilities? Is there a workaround?
- [17:18] Learn why it is necessary to master buttery smooth moment when using the Z30 camera