Those of you who’ve taken our mapping class will know that we used a Phantom 4 Pro to shoot the course content. Today, we explain why.
Both the P4 Pro and the Yuneec H520 have their own benefits. Depending on who you are, the type of work you do and how serious you are about mapping, you may find each drone to hold a different value. Tune in to find out why we used the Phantom 4 Pro and how you can determine which drone is the best for your mapping needs.
You can check out the Imus Ranch video and Paul’s famous fence shot here. Fly safe!
Don’t forget, we’re giving away a Mavic Pro Platinum!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [03:06] Today we discuss why we use the Phantom 4Pro against the Yuneec H520 for the mapping course
- [05:10] What are some of the advantages of using the Yuneec H520 for mapping purposes?
- [05:34] Explaining how we input annotations in order to get a 360 degree view
- [06:08] What are some of the disadvantages of using Matterport over a drone for mapping missions?
- [09:56] How does Yuneec H520 imagery compare to that of a Phantom 4Pro?
- [10:36] Discussing how editing raw images in Adobe LightRoom will result in far better details
- [11:44] Can you do point of interest using a Yuneec H520?
- [12:49] Is it advantageous to use the Yuneec H520 while mapping super large areas?
- [13:23] We talk about the superior wind handling capacity of the Yuneec H520
- [14:01] Can the Yuneec Typhoon H520 be paired with an E90 camera?
- [14:20] How does the Yuneec H520 compare to the Phantom 4Pro in terms of build and motors?
- [15:32] Paul talks about his experience with using the Yuneec H520 for mapping a stadium
- [16:51] Discussing why absence of free flight mode in the Yuneec H520 is a huge disadvantage
- [17:42] Paul provides information about Drone U’s forthcoming Don’t Crash course with the Yuneec H520
- [18:57] Can you use an Inspire 1 with the X5 camera?