Today, we talk about drone ordinances and city regulations.
Drone ordinances are being enacted by cities around the country. However, the FAA is the organization that governs our airspace. Is it legal for cities, therefore, to create and uphold drone laws of their own?
Well, no. Given the fact that the FAA is the only organization allowed to govern airspace, cities cannot legally enact a drone ordinance. As long as the pilot is following FAA guidelines, they are legally allowed to fly.
What should you do if your city is trying to stop you from flying? Tune in to find out! Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [03:54] Paul shares details about forthcoming Drone U courses
- [04:46] Today, we talk about drone ordinances and city regulations
- [05:07] We talk about city ordinances banning drone activities
- [05:38] Do cities have the right to issue drone ordinances?
- [06:46] We discuss the importance of diligently researching the law
- [08:15] Can you take off and land from a public area? What about taking off and landing in private areas?
- [10:06] Discussing the importance of communicating properly with the police
- [12:32] Learn how you can fly over private property using the Legal Flyer app