Today, we talk about setting up your drone business. Should you offer free services when you are starting off your business? Is offering free footage a good marketing strategy?
Our caller, Ryan has received an opportunity to shoot the Vulcan, a colossal statue in Birmingham, Alabama. Because this is a prestigious project, Ryan is considering offering free footage in order to get his foot in the door. Is this advisable?
We would advice Ryan to reconsider his position. It is important to have confidence in your work in order to get the rates that you rightly deserve. What are some ways for building confidence? What negotiation strategies can Ryan use to get the best possible deal? Tune in and get some great insights from Rob and Paul. Thanks to Ryan for the question. Fly safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – http://amzn.to/2omQatT
Learn about our In-Person Mapping Course in Houston – http://bit.ly/HoustonMapping
- [02:04] Today’s question is about offering free services to attract a new client
- [04:24] Rob and Paul answer today’s question
- [04:51] Cultivating the need to develop a confident mindset
- [07:02] Learn to find your niche in order to develop confidence
- [07:37] Is it wise to offer a hefty discount if you are starting out in the drone business?
- [10:08] Is it difficult to get permission to shoot a public place?
- [13:29] Discussing various negotiation strategies to eke out a good deal from a client