Today, we talk about external hard drives. Which are some cost effective options to store your drone data? What are some of the best practices for ensuring safe data storage?
Because data safety cannot be compromised, it is important to go for a quality storage solution. We discuss two alternatives: Synology and Drobo. While Synology is good for networking, Drobo is suitable for archiving data. How much will these drives cost you? What is the upload speed that you can expect? Are these reliable storage solutions?
We also discuss compatibility issues, USB-C docks by OWC and External SSD’s by Samsung. Thank you for the question. Stay tuned and fly safe!
Also, the folks over at Energen are offering a special discount on their amazing portable chargers for all Drone U members. Use one the following promo codes at checkout, depending on which battery you buy, to get a great deal on a killer battery:
Energen A40 Model: DRONEUA40
Energen M10 Model: DRONEU M10
Energen P40 Mode: DRONEU P40
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – http://amzn.to/2omQatT
Learn about our In-Person Mapping Course in Houston – http://bit.ly/HoustonMapping
Drobo 5d3 for newer computers using USB C – http://amzn.to/2F58ROq
Drobo 5c for older computer users using USB – http://amzn.to/2FJl3Bs
- [03:13] Today’s question is about the best external hard drives to store drone footage
- [04:28] Paul recounts his experience which highlights the importance of backing up data
- [06:00] We discuss drives by Synology and Drobo; we talk about applications, upload speed, cost and data security
- [06:39] Learn why Drobo 5C and 5D3 drives are so well suited for archiving data
- [08:05] We talk about the importance of backing up your data, especially in case of unforeseen emergencies
- [08:38] Why should you avoid overloading your drive with data?
- [09:10] Are Synology and Drobo cost effective solutions?
- [10:50] What is the advantage of using the USB-C dock by Other World Computing?
- [11:46] Reviewing the Samsung Evo T5 SSD