Today, we talk about traveling with your drone. What are some drone accessories and gadgets that you should travel with? What are some tips and tricks for traveling with your drone?
Our caller, Justin has come up with an interesting question. He is unsure about the drone accessories and gadgets that he should be traveling with. Carrying along the right tools ensures that you get the job done, no matter what. Which are these drone accessories and gadgets? Is it advisable to fly with all your gear to a job site? How can you prepare yourself for emergencies while on a job? And, how do you ensure redundancies?
Check out Paul’s Guide to the Ultimate Drone Kit to learn all about the accessories and gadgets that Paul travels with. You can find Amazon links to all these products here. Thanks to Justin for the question. Fly safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [01:27] Paul thanks all Drone U sponsors
- [03:26] We share details for the forthcoming Drone U Fly-in
- [03:52] Today’s question is about the right tools that you need to carry while traveling
- [04:58] Why is it more practical for drone pilots to be on the road rather than fly?
- [06:06] Which are the tools that Paul travels with while flying for a job?
- [06:48] Discussing the importance of having ample power and communications while on the road
- [07:35] Which is the right vehicle that meets the travel needs of drone pilots?
- [08:17] Which inverter does Paul use? And, what are the benefits of carrying one while traveling?
- [09:00] What is the benefit of carrying a light bar while traveling?
- [10:03] How can you deal with dead zones while on the road? Paul suggests a great signal booster for dealing with this issue
- [12:43] Which tool kit does Paul recommend for drone pilots?
- [12:58] Which are some of the miscellaneous tools that Paul carries while on the road?
- [13:12] Which are some of the cameras that Paul uses?
- [14:25] Essential tools for a drone pilot on a long, six month trip
- [15:28] Paul’s recommended tool kit for fixing drones, cameras, phones and laptops