Today’s show is about flying your drone in an interference heavy environment.
Our caller for today, Greg is unable to fly his Mavic 2 Pro in autonomous flight mode since there is a radio tower in the vicinity. Can Greg still conclude his mapping mission if he is flying in such an interference heavy environment?
On today’s show, you will learn how to navigate the complexities of flying in such an environment. We talk about what to do when you experience a radio signal loss, and why you need to master flying in Atti mode to get a leg up on the competition. Enjoy the show. Fly Safe!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:14]Today’s question is about flying your drone near a radio tower in an interference heavy environment
- [04:22]Can you fly an autonomous mission in an interference-heavy environment?
- [04:55]What should you do when you experience a radio signal loss?
- [06:18]If you can’t fly in free flight mode due to interference, can you still fly in manual mode?
- [08:46]How practice and skill-building can help you make your mark in a competitive space