On today’s show, you will learn why the Mavic 2 Pro is NOT the right drone for cell tower inspections and construction site mapping.
Our caller for today, John from Oregon has recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro for a cell tower inspection business. Additionally, John also wants to use this beginner DJI drone for preparing construction site maps.
While the Mavic 2 Pro’s Hasselblad sensor might be great for capturing vivid images, can you use this DJI drone for conducting cell tower inspections and preparing construction site maps?
Is John better off using the Phantom 4 Pro or an enterprise drone like the DJI Inspire? For all this and much more, tune in to our latest show now. Thanks for the great question, John. Fly Safe!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF Enjoy!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/ Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/ Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [04:00] Today’s question is about using the Mavic 2 Pro for cell tower inspections and construction site mapping
- [06:30] How many site visits will a drone pilot need to make?
- [07:09] 2 types of affordable GPS systems for drone pilots
- [08:58] Can a drone pilot start an inspection and mapping business if he is on a tight budget?
- [10:44] Lucrative options for Mavic 2 Pro pilots
- [12:12] Can you build a profitable drone business with a beginner DJI drone like the Mavic 2 Pro?