Today’s question is about mapping applications. How does Maps Made Easy compare to Pix4D? Is it worth spending so much after Pix4D?
Our caller, Tim from Vancouver is an enterprising drone pilot. Because Pix4D is offering just a short 2 week trial, Tim is wondering if he can use Maps Made Easy instead. Is this a good idea? Or should he stick to Pix4D – the gold standard of mapping applications? We suggest some great hacks via which Tim can make the most of his Pix4D trial. Tune in for some Tips and Tricks which are sure to be of great help to you. Thanks to Tim from Vancouver for the question. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Use Promo Code “LASTCHANCE” to get $100 off on EACH course. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Do not forget to check out Dynnex Drones. Dynnex Drones, an authorized DJI retailer is offering some really affordable drone financing options. Use the coupon code DRONE U SAVE 25 to get 25 bucks off!
Get your questions answered: //askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [01:14] Do not miss out on the chance to be a part of the Drone U Fly-in
- [01:41] Learn about our cool sponsor, Dynnex Drones
- [02:37] Today’s question is about mapping applications; can you use Maps Made Easy instead of Pix4D?
- [04:19] Discussing the flawed teaching approach of other drone schools
- [04:57] Denver Drone U is opening shortly – now you shall be able to take the Intermediate mapping class in Denver 24×7
- [05:16] Paul shares how we, at Drone U prepare folks for the mapping class
- [05:44] How to make the most of Pix4D’s 2 week trial; learn about the distinction between Pix4D Capture and Pix4D Desktop
- [06:33] Which are the different mapping acquisition styles that you should practice?
- [07:13] Discussing how the choice of your mapping application is dependent on your deliverable
- [07:36] Can you use MapPilot or Ground Station Pro for data acquisition? What are the various advantages of using MapPilot?