DJI Mavic Air 2 In-Depth Review, FAA Makes it Possible to Renew Your Part 107 Online, Benefits of Flying in Atti Mode, DJI Matrice 300 Delayed due to Coronavirus, Drone Deliveries Under Part 107
Our biggest news story this week is about the DJI Mavic Air 2. DJI has released this much-awaited drone, albeit in difficult market conditions. We managed to get our hands on one of the first pieces of this new drone, and have an in-depth review of you in today’s show. We discuss camera sensors, flight time, and low-light capabilities in this segment of the show. Can the DJI Mavic Air prove to be a good replacement for the Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro? Can you build a sustainable and long-term business with this new DJI drone? We discuss all this and much more in this segment of the show.
In our next story, you will learn that in the wake of the virus outbreak, the FAA has now made it possible for Part 107 pilots to renew their licenses online. This is certainly a welcome development, and you can check out this article for step-by-step renewal information.
This serves as a good segue for our next story – which is about drone deliveries. UPS has started using drone deliveries to serve a retirement community in Florida. Because our seniors are most susceptible to the virus, this is a great move as doing so allows delivery providers to adhere to social distancing norms. Here, we reveal that it might be possible for Part 107 pilots to make drone deliveries with an EVLOS waiver.
Other topics discussed in today’s show include the latest updates on DJI Matrice 300, Skydio 2 for public safety, and the many benefits of flying in Atti mode. For all this and much, much more, don’t miss out latest drone news show. Fly safe!
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:25] FAA releases new testing protocols making it possible to renew your Part 107 license online in the wake on the coronavirus
- [03:58] UPS using drones to make deliveries to one of the largest retirement communities in the United States
- [06:08] Possible to make drone deliveries under Part 107 using an EVLOS waiver?
- [11:08] How can you eke out some extra flight time from your drone? Paul suggests a great hack
- [12:00] What flight time can you expect from the DJI Mavic Air 2?
- [12:33] DJI makes it possible to fly the DJI Mavic Air 2 in windier conditions
- [13:47] Can you build a long-term drone business with the DJI Mavic Air 2?
- [17:20] Is the Mavic Air 2 a safe drone to fly?
- [21:09] Can you hack the Mavic 2 Pro to fly in Atti mode?
- [23:33] DJI Matrice 300 specs, rumors, and release date
- [30:57] DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise used to put out a fire in Chernobyl
- [33:30] Skydio 2 drones to be used for public safety
- [37:10] Will the DJI Mavic 3 have superior autonomous capabilities in comparison to the Skydio 2?
- [37:43] Drone U and DroneDJ are giving away a Skydio 2! Tune in to learn more details
- [38:40] Can you really capture 48 MP imagery using the DJI Mavic Air 2? What about low-light capabilities?
- [41:22] You need to fly the DJI Mavic Air using the stripped- down DJI Fly App; does this affect your flying ability in any way?