We kickstart this week’s drone news by talking about yet another drone incident in UK. Learn how the Severn Bridge running between England and Wales was shut down due to a drone operator. We also share how the Government shutdown is affecting Part 107 registrations and other FAA services in a big way.
In addition, industry insiders have been speculating that Samsung is gearing up to compete against DJI. We also reveal the latest improvements that DJI is making to the Mavic 2. Other news includes a customized Mavic thermal, Pennsylvania’s new drone law, CES 2019 and, believe or not, a drone horror movie! Tune in now!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
Join us for our first intensive weekend of mapping instruction in the New Year from January 18-20, 2019 in Charleston, SC.
Make sure to get yourself the all new Drone U landing pad!
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access over 30 courses, resources, plus our incredible community. Try it out for $1.
Looking for simple, fast and transparent coverage that gives you peace of mind? Our friends at Skywatch are offering affordable on-demand drone insurance that rewards YOU for flying safe. Check them out NOW! Both hourly and monthly options available.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – http://amzn.to/2omQatT
Check out our forthcoming Mapping Classes – http://bit.ly/DroneMappingClasses
- [00:23] Paul welcomes Haye to the show
- [00:52] A drone pilot arrested for flying from the Severn Bridge running between England and Wales
- [02:03] How is the US Government shutdown affecting FAA services?
- [02:45] Will the FAA Symposium take place as scheduled?
- [04:09] Is Samsung gearing up to compete against DJI?
- [05:39] What improvements is DJI making to the Mavic 2?
- [08:06] Pennsylvania comes out with a new unmanned aircraft law
- [13:16] Does a customized Mavic 2 with a FLIR camera greatly increase its applications?
- [14:16] Be prepared for some exciting product launches at CES 2019